[Bf-cycles] Enabling hair rendering on GPU?

Matthew Heimlich matt.heimlich at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 17:41:27 CET 2013

Stuart (as far as I know) isn't too familiar with coding for GPU, so
it won't happen until Brecht can take a look at it most likely, and
probably isn't a high priority in any case. Hair is one of those cases
where GPU probably won't be dramatically faster than the CPU (and may
even be slower). Compounded with the high memory requirements of hair
it will probably be a while before hair optimizations for the GPU are
tackled.