[Bf-cycles] Tiles sizes - impact on RAM and speed

Cal McGaugh cal at cal3d.com
Mon Feb 11 00:40:41 CET 2013

I still don't understand why tiles are better than progressive renders (?)
regardless of CPU or GPU.

Much less which tile size/resolution settings are best for any given
scene.

I don't do complicated scenes.....mostly fluid sims. But like to animate
using Cycles, so getting the fastest render time is very important to me.

It would be great if Blender Cycles "sensed" the optimal settings depending
on the resolution and other variables were chosen. Possible?

BTW, thanks Ole for the FAQs......will study them.

And to Brecht for all your work on Blender.

Cal