[Bf-cycles] Realistic Nk-Data Metal BSDF

Greg Zaal gregzzmail at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 20:18:16 CET 2013

Hey folks,

Indeed, vector socket like the SSS radius is the way to go.

As for presets, I think we should have this as a todo for a later stage. We
could benefit with presets for many areas, such as wavelengths, color
temperatures, SSS presets like BI, and even complete material setups.
This is not a new idea of course, I just think if we're to add presets for
certain things, we should begin doing the same for others similarly.

Instead of (or in addition to) presets, some nice documentation with those
measured Eta and K values will be important - I've little experience with
this sort of physically based shading, but if you need any help with the
documentation I'd be glad to.

Great job on this Lukas :) I've no doubt many folk will appreciate it.

Cheers,
Greg Zaal