[Bf-cycles] Network render status and design

Germano Cavalcante germano.costa at ig.com.br
Fri Dec 13 03:02:45 CET 2013

Excuse is really a different topic. It is sad to see that the remote
control can not be a reality for Blender. :(
I had this idea because I use programs with this feature, and this year, I
saw a video showing that Autodesk is developing a similar resource for
Revit.
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the inconvenience.

2013/12/12 Brecht Van Lommel <brechtvanlommel at pandora.be>

> That's a different topic basically, unrelated to renderers, the goal
> here of this is to make it possible for multiple to computers to
> render a single image interactively.
>
> Remote desktop sharing is in fact what you want I think. It would not
> be convenient to have that in Blender itself, it should share the
> entire desktop so that you can use other applications like file
> browsers, image editors, etc. Further, having such a system built into
> Blender wouldn't improve interactivity significantly, if at all. Fast
> desktop sharing over the internet is problematic, but we wouldn't be
> able to do a better job than existing desktop sharing or thin client
> software.
>

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM, Germano Cavalcante
> <germano.costa at ig.com.br> wrote:
> > About the network subject I have a doubt. It would be possible to work
> > remotely in a Blender File opened on a different computer? For example:
> > working on the laptop controlling a powerful home computer via the
> network?
> > I know there are "programs Remote Desktop Sharing", but they are limited
> > because the host window is not displayed in real time.
> > I just wanted to know if this limitation could be overcome, and if there
> are
> > plans for it.
> >

> > 2013/12/8 Brecht Van Lommel <brechtvanlommel at pandora.be>
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Recently some work on network rendering got merged.
> >> http://developer.blender.org/rB85a0c5d4e1030a5fa95ad7450958a1b0fa033381
> >>
> >> It's still rough and experimental, but works somewhat. For people who
> >> want to work on this code, I wrote down some design things that have
> >> come up talking to others, but that weren't written down anywhere yet:
> >>

> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Render/Cycles/Network_Render
> >>
> >> Brecht.
> >

> > --
> > Germano Cavalcante