[Bf-cycles] Network render status and design

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Dec 12 23:06:27 CET 2013

That's a different topic basically, unrelated to renderers, the goal
here of this is to make it possible for multiple to computers to
render a single image interactively.

Remote desktop sharing is in fact what you want I think. It would not
be convenient to have that in Blender itself, it should share the
entire desktop so that you can use other applications like file
browsers, image editors, etc. Further, having such a system built into
Blender wouldn't improve interactivity significantly, if at all. Fast
desktop sharing over the internet is problematic, but we wouldn't be
able to do a better job than existing desktop sharing or thin client
software.