[Bf-cycles] Cycles volume render status

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sun Dec 8 14:48:34 CET 2013

Hi Brecht,
thanks for the latest updates for Volume code. Works fine:
http://archive.dingto.org/2013/blender/code/volume_new.jpg (quick test) :)

There are indeed a lot of open items, but I think for 2.70 we should
focus on the essentials, as you said.

I think we definitely should do for 2.70:
* Clean up and improve code further.
* Fix Texture Coordinates for procedural textures.
* UI: Keep/Remove the Experimental versions of the volume integrators
(Stuart, your opinion here, as you wrote them, can the two versions be
unified for example?)

Nice to have for 2.70 but could also be done later:
* Emissive Volumes
* Camera Inside Volumes
* Performance, better Importance Sampling (take a look at the Arnold
papers from 2012?)

Best regards,
Thomas