[Bf-cycles] Squared Samples feature

Greg Zaal gregzzmail at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 21:35:46 CEST 2013

It should definitely be added to the Progressive integrator as well. That's
pretty much all I use and it'd be very welcome. The idea that it shouldn't
be added for the progressive integrator could equally be argued against the
non-progressive too.

As for the labeling, the simplest is usually the best. Just #² is fine by
me. A label to display anything more is a bit redundant, since after
reading just the tooltip it's clear what happens and the user does the math
themselves to see how many diffuse samples will be done. Though having
never really used the non-progressive integrator I don't know how confusing
it could get. One or two lines below showing the totals of each sample type
would be just fine anyway.