[Bf-cycles] Squared Samples feature

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Thu Aug 22 16:53:15 CEST 2013

Hi,
I discussed the implementation with our artist module members Greg and
Matt, also got some feedback from Brecht.
But I am still not sure how to proceed. Suggested changes:

* Re-enable for Progressive integrator again, for consistency.
* Rename property to "Square Samples" (present tense), so it's a bit
more clear that the action is not already done.
* Add a label which displays the total amount of Samples. It would be
nice to do this per ray type for the Non-Progressive integrator, like:
Total AA Samples = AA²
Total Diffuse Samples (Diffuse² * AA²)

but I don't want to waste much space either in the Sampling panel.

Ideas and improvements how this could be tackled are welcome.

Thomas

--
Thomas Dinges
Blender Developer, Artist and Musician