[Bf-cycles] Cycles Standalone

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Aug 22 06:08:26 CEST 2013

Good points about the API, we should indeed have something that
closely matches the file format. The current API indeed is not totally
decoupled and could use some abstraction.

Also to be clear, we just announced this relicensing but unfortunately
that doesn't mean I immediately have much time to work on API / file
formats. I'm happy to gather feedback, discuss design and help other
developers work on making Cycles more suitable as a standalone
renderer, but right now this is not a development project I do myself,
it's up to volunteers mostly for now until I find some time.