[Bf-cycles] How far is...

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sat Aug 10 22:56:04 CEST 2013

Hi,
answers inline:

Am 10.08.2013 22:00, schrieb Adriano Oliveira:
> Hi guys,
>
> I know everybody works hard here in so many important features. But
> just for curiosity, I would like to know how far is:
>
> - SSS for GPU
Brecht can answer that maybe, I haven't looked at SSS GPU code yet.
> - Dirty/AO map for Cycles
This is on our todo list I think? "Ambient occlusion color node" which
is in the ToDo list.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Render/Cycles/ToDo
> - OSL for GPU (if ever)
You can find some infos here:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-cycles/2013-July/001534.html I
don't think we will see it soon though.
> - Texture baking
Not a real priority, if I remember the plans correct. Meaning that we'd
like to finish bigger features (Displacement, Volume...) first.
Also on a personal note, I don't know of any path tracer that supports
texture baking. Whether it is Arnold, Indigo... I always here the
argument that we need Texture Baking for Game Engine users, but Cycles
is meant for animations and film, not for Game Engines.

> Adriano
Best regards,
Thomas

--