[Bf-cycles] New Benchmark file - Suggestion

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sat Aug 10 17:18:12 CEST 2013

Hi,
The famous BMW file by Mike Pan served well, but due to it's age I think
we really need something new. Some people online also proposed to do a
new one.
Due to all the changes in Cycles over the past years (mainly the BVH
build speedup from 2.64, Tile Rendering and recently the CPU / GPU
speedup in 2.68), the results online are not really comparable anymore.

Brecht, do you have any tips on how a good benchmark file should look like?
I don't think it needs to be a big scene, it shouldn't be too complex
(so also low end GPUs for example can render it).

We could do a call for scenes, and then pick the best one?

Best regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Dinges