[Bf-cycles] regarding OSL texture perforamnce

Martijn Berger martijn.berger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 15:08:32 CEST 2013

Hi Brecht,

regarding further performance for OSL I was looking at making the
structures align more closely to get rid of some of the cost associated
with the shaderdata_to_shaderglobals() calls.

But I would need to factor out the  differential3 and differential to be
more just float3 and float like.
Also I am not sure about the alignment of Imath::Vec3<Float> vs float3 in
all cases / platforms.

An other thing I am already trying to implement is a shim so the svm
texture-backend gets the OIIO interface that should yield the biggest
performance gain it seems from my simple testing. ( testing Barcelona with
missing textures on svm vs osl )

Not sure what your thought's on this subject are but would love to hear
them.

Martijn