[Bf-cycles] GSoC - Hair shaders for cycles strand

Stuart Broadfoot gbroadfoot at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 22 03:09:47 CEST 2013

Hi Girish,
   I would really welcome the addition of dual scattering. For now the scheme that I settled on for the shader is the one proposed by Sadeghi et al (2010), with the R,TT and TRT components being calculated using approximations given by J. Ou et al (`ISHair: Importance Sampling for Hair Scattering’). Sadeghi et al explicitly mention dual scattering in regards to the diffuse component and give some details on the implementation, that you may find interesting. I decided on this over other physically accurate models since it does not require pre-computation and is quite artist friendly. More advanced models can definitely be added later though.

Stuart