[Bf-cycles] LLVM static libs

Dan Eicher dan at trollwerks.org
Mon Apr 15 04:12:50 CEST 2013

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Brecht Van Lommel <
brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:

> That's seems reasonable, I've attached a patch which tries to
> implement it. Could you test if it works on your system?

I didn't actually test it but it looks like your patch will fail if the
static libs are installed and LLVM_STATIC == OFF since it only looks for
the dynamic libs if it can't find the static ones.

Attached is a patch that adds a WITH_LLVM_STATIC option (defaults to ON so
as to not break the other systems) and only checks for one of the
dynamic/static libs so it'll fail if the correct one isn't found. Might
also be a good idea to do a mark_as_advanced(WITH_LLVM_STATIC) so the
win/apple folks aren't tempted to mess with it, dunno?

Also, just adding the llvm-static package may not be the solution, OSL
> needs to be linked with the same static/dynamic library. I'm not sure
> how that would be ensured at the level of linux distribution packages.

That's actually how this all started... Fedora was trying to upgrade llvm
but my installed OSL version was built against the old version so I had to
manually upgrade llvm on the OpenSuse Build Service which then broke
building blender due to the llvm-static thing.

Dan