[Bf-cycles] Render All Layers in only one Render

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Apr 11 14:37:43 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Eibriel <eibriel at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi Bretch, if I know what object(layer) correspond to each sample I can
> store that information on the corresponding layer.
> So I'll have different layers in only one render.
>
> And each layer will be free of artifacts on the borders since don't store
> any information of other layers.
>
> I'll be able to change the texture, illumination, etc of only one object,
> rerender it, and composite it
> without any artifacts in the borders.
> I'll be able too to color correct that layer better.
>
> I'll don't need any mask to do that.

Ok, I'm not sure now from which point of view you're talking, as a
developer or as a user? As I said before you can get the same render
result by setting the Layer and Mask Layer appropriately in the render
layers. It wouldn't render as fast though, and it seems what you are
describing is the method of rendering this faster in a single go?

> And in the future, if I can continue the ray through the object I'll get all
> the complete layers in only
> one render allowing me to do motion blur and depth of field on composition.

I guess this is possible but continuing the ray through opaque objects
is not going to make much performance difference compared to rendering
each render layer separately, it's nearly the same as shooting a new
ray.