[Bf-cycles] GSoC - Spectral Rendering

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Apr 10 23:32:53 CEST 2013

I pretty much agree with this. There are more important features, but
what's feasible depends on the experience of the student. Spectral
rendering would be a well defined project which mostly requires local
changes.

Volume rendering, performance improvements, baking are too difficult
as summer of code projects unless the developer already has some
experience working on render engines. Deformation motion blur could
work well as a project if you're interested in that, FSA is probably
too simple.

Anyway, if the student is not very experienced I would rather have
them pick a smaller project, summer of code proposals are often too
ambitious and rarely finished on time..

Brecht.