[Bf-cycles] GSoC - Spectral Rendering

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 23:06:38 CEST 2013

Hi Gavin,

What are the advantages of using wave-length?
I know PBRT is based in wave-length, thus Cycles must have some of it
in its internals. But I wonder what is the impact for the final user
in such feature.

One thing I know is that you can have infra-red cameras with the
proper BRDF materials
(a college of mine was working on that last-year for a school
assignment on top of PBRT)
But that sounds too much like a corner case ;)

Cheers,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/member/dalai-felinto