[Bf-cycles] Cycles on Nvidia Kepler

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Sep 25 13:39:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

Confirmed. What I understood is that Nvidia took out a piece of hardware that does caching and memory balancing. Perfect for complex systems like Cycles, but hardly useful for gameplaying consumers. This to have a product out to beat specs of AMD's game cards.

Advice is to stick to the gtx 580 series for now. Interestingly enough, that type of gfx card totally sold out here when nvidia came with keplers.

-Ton-