[Bf-cycles] Re : Cycles on Nvidia Kepler

Matej Mo mo.cgraphics at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:08:36 CEST 2012

Hi Myke & thanks for your fast reply!

So, am I to understand that Cycles depends more on double precision than
single? I'm using Octane a lot too and they have a Kepler build that is
something like 15% slower than a Fermi specific build, which is not
*that*much (if you consider that Kepler also eats less electricity).
But as I
understand Octane mainly works with single precision.

The 5xx family has the best price / speed, that's for sure. The problem is
that is now hard to find cards with a decent amount of RAM (2GB or more)

The new GK110 seems promising but its still unclear when (if?) Geforce
cards with this chip will come out (teslas are way out of my league :)