[Bf-cycles] OSL problems in OSX

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:48:54 CEST 2012

Hi Brecht,
The problem we had (addressed by that patch) was when we render
something with OSL.
Can you confirm whether or not you get the errors as well (without the patch)?

"ERROR: Parameter 1 of 'diffuse' closure is assigned to a field of
incompatible size"
(...)

Thanks,
Dalai

2012/9/24 Brecht Van Lommel <brechtvanlommel at pandora.be>:
> I just built with OSL (did not try the libs in svn yet), and can't see
> this build problem. It looks a workaround for a namespace conflict...
> but indeed it does not look too bad, don't mind if it gets committed.
>
> Brecht.
>
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good news.
>>
>> We got OSL to work on OSX with the following cycles patch:
>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3292898/Patches/12.09.17.cyclesosl_2.diff
>>
>> I don't know why we need it, but the error (and solution) matches what
>> we get on osl alone (see osl-dev list [1]).
>>
>> So far everything in trunk seems to work. But Lukas' custom OSL patch
>> is not working yet.
>>
>> Brecht, any thoughts on this? I think this patch is an ugly hack/fix,
>> but I don't see any downside of it either.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dalai
>> [1] - https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/osl-dev/v5raeg4pH6U

blendernetwork.org/member/dalai-felinto