[Bf-cycles] Motion Blur

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Sep 24 18:22:57 CEST 2012

Hi,

There was something like a 5% performance drop with only camera motion
blur, and 25% with object motion blur. This is with motion blur
disabled, when it's enabled it's more but that's acceptable of course.
I think the extra code causes some variables to no longer stay in
register but get accessed from main memory instead, which hurts
especially in the main BVH traversal loop.

Brecht.