[Bf-cycles] Cycles Strand Rendering

Stuart Broadfoot gbroadfoot at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:12:06 CEST 2012

Hi,
   I’m very interested in getting involved with cycles development and don’t really know what the correct procedure is. I have recently been trying to get strand rendering enabled within cycles with a tiny bit of progress. I posted some examples of my progress on BlenderArtist here http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?216113-Brecht-s-easter-egg-surprise-Modernizing-shading-and-rendering&p=2230429#post2230429. It’s still incredibly early but I wanted to check whether Brecht would be happy with me working on it, what the procedure is and if there were any preferences for how hair should be implemented within cycles. What I have done so far is quite buggy but I am happy to share details. It’s not really ready for a patch to be posted on the tracker, but I can create a quick one if Brecht wants to look over it.

Best,
Stuart