[Bf-cycles] Cycles roadmap and how to help

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Oct 15 17:26:35 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Some of you might have seen this presentation from the conference,
summarizing what we did last year, what we did not succeed at and what
the plans are for the next year:
http://users.pandora.be/blendix/bconf_2012_presentation.pdf

The wiki developer documentation has also been updated, so here is the
current roadmap I'm thinking of:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Render/Cycles/Roadmap

For developer who want to help out, they can of course work on those
big features, or pick up one of the smaller features on the updated
todo list here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Render/Cycles/ToDo

For rendering experts or anyone who likes to think about hard
problems, here's a number of technical issues that I've thought about
but can't seem to find a good answer for:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Render/Cycles/Open_Questions

For users who are not developers but want to contribute in some other
way, the documentation can always be improved. For example renders to
demonstrate texture nodes and their features, example .blend file
setups for nodes, details on how to achieve certain shading effects or
avoid artifacts, etc.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Render/Cycles

Thanks!