[Bf-cycles] How to create transparent material with refraction but without reflection

Przemyslaw Golab golab.przemyslaw at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 11:37:46 CEST 2012

2012/10/14 Prashant Sohani <prashant.sohani at gmail.com>

> This probably does not amount to the same thing visually, but perhaps you
> could switch off the reflection render pass for the relevant objects. Or
> map that pass onto a separate renderlayer, and then composite.

Possible, but I'm afraid there is few problems with this approach. It's
complicated to setup and I would need to render the same object 2 times.
First to get reflection and delete gloss, and second time to get new gloss
for this object for mixing in comp, because gloss from Glass material is in
Glossy direct and indirect pass, so they would be combined with gloss from
Glossy node.

Thanks anyway for response. :)