[Bf-cycles] 2.66 plans

Matthew Heimlich matt.heimlich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:14:55 CET 2012

The triangle displacement paper is interesting, but I'm having trouble
seeing how it could be used with motion blur as it doesn't seem that there
would be any way to store the swept triangle volumes of tessellated meshes
without some very complicated stuff going on in the background. With a
properly optimized BVH algorithm there really shouldn't be much reason to
aim for complicated splitting algorithms over preset subdivision,
especially if it were combined with a more efficient subsurf method.