[Bf-cycles] 2.66 plans

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Nov 29 09:11:13 CET 2012

Also updated the roadmap page now:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Render/Cycles/Roadmap

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:27 AM, Nate Wiebe <natewiebe13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any chance of curved motion blur to be added into the 2.66 mix?

I don't dare to give a date on this. It seems like a simple idea, but
when it needs to be combined with rotation it actually becomes quite a
difficult problem to get good results. I still haven't figure out the
right algorithm if there is an efficient one. We could perhaps make it
optional per object, but that wouldn't really solve the problem.

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:39 AM, Matthew Heimlich
<matt.heimlich at gmail.com> wrote:
> When you say your intention is to drop subdivision support, are you talking
> about the auto-dicing that's been in experimental mode for a while? I'd be
> in agreement with this, as even Arnold just uses the same "set subdivision
> level" method that's been in Blender for ages.

Right. I think auto dicing to get a certain face size rather than
subdivision level still has some use for displacement, but it can be
done in a modifier too.

> Any plans for an SSS shader in the updated pipeline?

Probably 2.67, I need some time to investigate algorithms and design here.