[Bf-cycles] Questions

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Thu May 31 21:20:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 31.05.2012 21:04, schrieb Adriano Oliveira:
> Some questions:
>
>     1)When are we getting normal maps in Cycles: it's a huge need for
>     most of all.

Someone is working on that at the moment, see:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-cycles/2012-May/000673.html

>     2)Is SSS coming near soon? Need it for a project.

We have a student working on that for this years Google summer of code.
If all goes fine SSS should be there in about 3 months.

>     3)When in Cuda GPU, are Cycles limited to a maximum of 64 RGBA
>     textures, like Octane?

Cycles has a actual limitation of 100 textures on the GPU, from which 5
are full-float images (HDRs)

>     Adriano

Regards,
Thomas