[Bf-cycles] opencl with ATI @ OSX 10.7.4 (better but still buggy)

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Sun May 13 20:58:04 CEST 2012

Hi there,
It's time for another round of OSX ATI debugging :)

This week Jens started re-testing the opecl compiler after OSX 10.7.4
updates.
There is an overall progress, but I'm still having some issues. They may
even be different than his'.

My test device: AMD Radeon HD 6750M

I had to disable CL_NO_FLOAT3 and enable KERNEL_SHADING.
If the NO_FLOAT3 is on the kernels don't build (*)

(1) good render: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/31736
(2) bad gpu viewport: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/31738
(3) terrible gpu render: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/31737

((2) and (3) also tested with screen size matching render size and tile
size on its maximum)

I remember running into the problem in (2) with opencl in linux and even
with cuda. the problem in (3) may be something unique though.

- patch to test: http://www.pasteall.org/31792/diff
- sample file: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/13883

In my computer the biggest problem is the shadow. Any clues on what to try?
@ Jens, you mentioned having troubles with the emitting kernel. Can you
send me a sample file? In my test and computer it worked fine.

Cheers,
Dalai

(*) #####
Compiling OpenCL kernel ...