[Bf-cycles] correlation between GTX680 dual-precision FP and cycles performance?

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Mar 27 20:14:32 CEST 2012

Hi,

I basically don't know at this point, it requires careful analysis of
the code running on such a GPU. Maybe it is a matter of tweaking some
parameters, or maybe the new scheduling really is problem that is very
difficult to overcome. At least two other GPU raytracers seem to run
slower on it than the GTX 580, so that is worrying, but I just have
not done any testing or analysis of Cycles running on this GPU.

We also don't use 64 bit precision, so that should have no influence.

Brecht.