[Bf-cycles] Overlay OpenGL Elements in "Rendered" Mode

Steffen Dünner steffen.duenner at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 26 18:06:58 CEST 2012

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I just had an idea
that would make working with Cycles a lot more interactive:

In "Rendered" mode, only the result of Cycles is displayed PLUS the 3D
cursor (which I for myself don't need so terribly often, especially in this
mode).
Would it be also possible to somehow "overlay" other OpenGL elements (like
the manipulator, lamps or selected objects outlines or wireframes) over
this result?
This way one would not need to switch back and forth between different
modes so often.

I'm not a big modo user or fan, but they call something similar "RayGL"
mode: you can even use it during modeling.

Is this an idea worth thinking about?

Cheers
Steffen
--
PGP-ID(RSA): 0xCCE2E989 / 0xE045734C CCE2E989
Fingerprint: 394B 3DA9 9A9A 96C6  3A5A 0595 EF92 EE1F