[Bf-cycles] RenderSettings.use_border

Jordan Miller jrdnmlr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:27:29 CEST 2012

ok thank you, this is great news. The doc said this is a feature that will NOT be implemented soon so I was trying to find my own way thorugh it.

But how is one supposed to know that:

bpy.types.RenderSettings.border_max_x cannot be called directly? instead it is set at:

bpy.data.scenes[0].render.border_max_x

and so on...?

For example:
The mouse-over tooltip for the Border checkbox incorrectly lists: RenderSetting.use_border when instead it should specify, I think, bpy.data.scenes[0].render.use_border.

It took me a could hours digging around the internet along with a LOT of trial and error to figure this out (i had to control-space autocomplete each bpy.data variable to find the one I was looking for).

This little bit from the docs is really unhelpful... it says the problem is obvious but doesn't explain all mappings from class to active variable:
http://www.blender.org/documentation/blender_python_api_2_63_12/info_quickstart.html#data-creation-removal

Soooo confusing!

jordan