[Bf-cycles] where is cycles image stored?

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Tue Jun 12 20:41:59 CEST 2012

Hi,
there is no such mechanism that you could use to save a frame after a
cycle that I am aware of (maybe a custom python script?)
Also, Cycles does not save a file to the HDD while rendering, it keeps
the buffer in RAM.

Your issue sounds like a memory problem, that it runs out of memory
after a certain time?

Regards,
Thomas

Am 12.06.2012 20:35, schrieb Jordan Miller:
> I'm rendering a rather large number of cycles (20000 for a complex
> scene at very high resolution [2400x3500 pixels]). but part way
> through render (after 20 hrs or so) Blender 2.63a crashes and I lose
> everything. Where on the HD can I find the image that is continually
> being written to? alternatively can I have cycles save a file after
> every cycle? it is taking about a minute to render each cycle pass.
>
> please help!
>
> thanks,
> jordan

Thomas Dinges