[Bf-cycles] Congratulations to Cycles

Adriano Oliveira adriano.ufrb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 20:30:39 CEST 2012

Dear fellows,

Last week I purchased Octane Render for testing purpose and I must
recognize how Cycles has evolved at the same time Octane seams stagnated
its development.

Octane can be more photorealistic and fast, but Cycles seams to me more
intuitive and consistent: take shaders, for example.

In terms of GPU usage, Octane developers are fighting to get geometry
instances at the same time we can get it for free in Cycles. Due to that,
in animating scenes with tons of triangles, Cycles can be even faster at
similar quality due to speed in exporting geometry.

Congratulations to Brecht and Blender community for this amazing ongoing
accomplishment.

Adriano A. Oliveira