[Bf-cycles] Pause

ZonedCode Media zonedcodemedia at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 21:52:20 CEST 2012

     Carsten and Thomas, thank you for that info. That looks like what I
need, although it's going to take some doing for someone as green as I am.
I took a look at it, and I like how it uses the value of the difference as
the factor. It seems efficient. I'll be checking it out soon.

     Tim, thank goodness I don't live in a house with pets or smokers. I'm
lucky that way. As I have already written, my fan (there is only one in
this laptop) is working (ie: spinning freely), and when I am running
Cycles, it is flushing a lot of heat, just not enough (because my computer
is basically overclocking for 4-6+ hours). Thank you all for your
suggestions. I will be looking into those as soon as I can.

     However, I did not intend this thread to become about an overheating
computer. I guess that's my fault. This should be about Cycles and a
possible render pause feature. I have plenty of suggestions for improving
my computer's hardware (again, thank you), so I am going to correct my
mistake and ask that this thread focus on pause rendering and, like Carsten
and Thomas have suggested, possible node workarounds for combining several
lower sample images into one higher sample image.

     Thank you all for being prompt and helpful!

     God Bless,

     Gavin Howard