[Bf-cycles] Image sequence in Cycles material nodes

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Sun Jun 3 19:46:04 CEST 2012

It is sort of possible now if you are willing to do a bit of python:

write an update handler that updates the image from a sequence (this
will only work for image sequences, not movies) based on the current
frame, and use one or more of the update handler methods (frame_pre
should work for the 3d view, load_post or pre for farm rendering, and
maybe render_pre is needed as well)
note it will not update in the rendered viewport unless you toggle
rendered/ not rendered, but it will update in the textured view,
material view or f12 render.
the text block needs to have  .py extension and have registration
ticked.