[Bf-cycles] Add a Cycles Texture Node

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sat Jan 7 02:50:32 CET 2012

Hi everyone,
I want to add a Checker Texture Shader Node for Cycles.

But a Texture Shader differs a bit from the Nodes that have been added
before by Dalai (although these commits were a great reference, thanks!)
There is also no Texture Shader atm, which has a Color Input.

I attached the patch to this mail. The basic node works and it displays
in the Node editor.

For now, I just wanted to take one of the input colors and output that
color, but that does not work.
If I clamp the values and add a RGB Node to the Input (Color1) it works,
otherwise it shows just black. Why is the Color not clamped automatically?
It should be defined in the Node Socket definition in
"node_shader_tex_checker.c"

I hope someone can point out to me what I am missing here. :)

Best regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Dinges