[Bf-cycles] Volumetric patch update

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Dec 12 12:13:41 CET 2012

Hi,

I was thinking it would be nice if you could work on this in our svn,
and this patch would be available when selecting Experimental as
feature set. This would require some kernel code to be hidden behind
#ifdef, and some files may best be duplicated (kernel_path.h, ..?). We
could then compile this kernel separately like we do for
kernel_optimized, so that there should be no impact on regular
rendering without it.

Do you think that's a good idea? The patch probably needs some cleanup
like the python changes or opencl tests, but I guess it should be
possible to get this working? It would make it easier to get users
testing this, and also easier for me to keep track of things and
starting working on it myself eventually.

Brecht.