[Bf-cycles] GPU future

Juan Pablo Scotto juanpscotto at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 9 15:10:23 CET 2012

Hi guys. how are you?

 I'm not an active developer. But I always read all the information about cycles and I want to share some ideas I have. I don't know if it will work or not.
But is it posible to implement, one feature that gives you the posibility to choose what objects in a scene can be rendered in CPU or GPU?.
For example if you are making a scene with grass with hair and other objects. You can render the grass with cpu and the other objects in GPU. That will be very usefull for the people that has a GPU with less Vram than RAM.

I'ts just and opinion. What do you think about? Is it totally crazy the idea?

Pd: Sorry for my english.

Cheers.