[Bf-cycles] Alpha pass independent from transparent option

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Sun Dec 9 01:52:57 CET 2012

Hi Brecht, then it's perfect,

- output files dictate the choice,

- renderlayers are always premul.

I had been initially scared you meant the renderdlayers themselves would
end up switching their alpha between key and premul based on the output
file choice!!

Suggestions for the renderlayer nodes: a convenience 'key alpha' check
box that does a convert to key alpha if checked, removing the need for
the extra node... benefits:

1- removes need for an extra node in some setups.
2- communicates to the user that the renderlayer is (unless you check
it) with premul alpha.