[Bf-cycles] Alpha pass independent from transparent option

Adriano Oliveira adriano.ufrb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 19:45:40 CET 2012

Dear Riakiotakis,

Alpha without transparency is not incorrect, it is just one more option for
composing that I would like to have.

Consider this scenario: In a outdoor render, I have ground, buildings and
trees (leaves have oppacity masks), and a sky. In the composition I want to
compose the render with an AO pass. Without an alpha to mask AO, the sky
would get black. I canot use masks based on objectID, due to leaves
transparency...

In this case, using alpha mask is just fastest and the fring pixels are no
matter at all.

Adriano A. Oliveira