[Bf-cycles] Alpha pass independent from transparent option

Adriano Oliveira adriano.ufrb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 17:59:00 CET 2012

Hi Brecht,

This could be done, however you can't actually do correct alpha
> operations if the background is part of the combined result...

I understand the risk, but this option is usual in many renders, like Vray.
The alpha is just an information that can be used in compositions. Some
times is good to have alpha mask just to saturate a non-trasparent
background, without the need of complex render layers, for example.

I think it is more intuitive that the alpha slot in render layer always
give alpha mask, no matter the trasnparent status.

 I think this behavior helps guide people to the
> right solution.

I believe in freedom :D

> It would be also nice to have the option of saving the alpha channel in a
> > image file wihout transperency composed (not premultiplied).
>
> This will be added, but not in the way it's done for blender internal.
> This should be a feature of the image saving and dependent on the
> image file format.

Nice!

Adriano