[Bf-cycles] Severe rendertimes

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Dec 5 13:57:28 CET 2012

Hi,

My best guess is that there is some specific geometry in the couch
that makes the BVH builder fail to create a good BVH tree (which would
be a bug). This might be something like zero area faces, or vertices
with invalid positions.

If diffuse bounces are enabled it's not really surprising that other
areas would be affected by this too. There is of course a maximum
number of bounces, but even one bounce could be very slow if the BVH
is built badly.

Brecht.