[Bf-cycles] Volumetric patch update

storm kartochka22 at yandex.ru
Tue Aug 14 18:22:57 CEST 2012

В Вт., 14/08/2012 в 12:08 +0400, storm пишет:

> I rethink logic behind min/max bounce number and "Max eye bonce"/"Max
> light bounce". For now, keep min/max equal (to turn off russian roulete
> decimation), assume it N, set "Max eye bonce" = N+2, set Max light
> bounce" to N+1, all that need to be sure any bi-directional path sample
> have corresponding alternate sampliing, to guarantee MIS work between
> all paths. Later, i will remove it from GUI, and recalc internally by
> current min/max.

Scratch that, now you better to keep both "Max eye bonce" and "Max light
bounce" at default 128, and control max path length by only good old
Cycles Min/Max bounce parameter, preferred to set them to same value to
turn off russian roulette.

Removed few lines (most of them was commented out for months anyway)
leftover from one of my previous fail attempts to make MLT. Need to
remove much more, but do it later. Reverted CMake config files, i forgot
to do that before last message.