[Bf-cycles] Shader in the shadow

Nate Wiebe natewiebe13 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 05:09:40 CEST 2012

Okay, so I think I've managed to come up with a pretty good rig here.
I used a mapping node using rotation of the sun lamp as a driver.
Position of the sun lamp/earth doesn't effect anything, rotating the
earth doesn't effect anything, just the rotation of the sun. Control
the sharpness of the transition using the black slider of the color
ramp, and control where the median of the transition line is using the
Z position value of the mapping node. Everything should make more
sense when you look at the file.

If you make any improvements, or this helps you out, let me know. =)

I have uploaded on ubuntuone as pasteall isn't working at the moment:
http://ubuntuone.com/6bk2t4ZxIcFBFnVsNHnTZ4

-NateW