[Bf-cycles] Switch to CUDA Toolkit 4.2 (Test 2)

David Black db4tech at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 20:39:43 CEST 2012

*Test 2: (just the GTX 460)*
Island_Cycles_BMesh_Second Updated
19 Billions of Polygons, not a ridiculous number anymore - Island

*Official Blender 263*
1:00

*Blender 263.1 CUDA 4.2.9 test version*
2:50

Very slow with new CUDA Toolkit plus same graphical glitches as before
with certain trees.  Is it possible CUDA Toolkit 4.2.9 is not backwards
compatible, designed just for GTX 680 cards and above?  Guess we now
need someone with a GTX 680 to test your build, been wondering about
getting one due to lower temps and power usage, but still on the fence
until know rendering works correctly.

David
--

3d-designs-davidblack.blogspot.com