[Bf-cycles] Camera Layers don't occlude light sources

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Apr 4 12:35:16 CEST 2012

This is the intended behavior, Blender Internal also works the same
way with lamps, or e.g. an emitting object in a raytraced reflection.
A light source is no different than another object, it will not be
directly visible but still indirectly affect other objects. The
purpose of render layers is that if you composite them all together,
they will still give the same results as if they were rendered in one
layer.

Probably what you're missing most here is light groups support, that
should be added at some point.

Brecht.