[Bf-cycles] Cycles use in Visualization

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Sep 30 10:51:54 CEST 2011

Hi Mike,

Now that's impressive numbers! I'd be curious to see a video of cycles
running even on a 1000 cpus!

Brecht can tell more about the use of vertex colors; but it seems to
me a quite trivial addition to allow shaders to use colors this way.

I'm quite curious to find out how your supercomputer works even... can
all these cores work together on 1 render job? This kind of
scalability is quite outside our regular target range, but it's
certainly interesting to figure out where the boundaries are. :)

-Ton-