[Bf-cycles] Python Py_Initialize, Cycles branch and Main trunk

Muhamad Faizol Abd. Halim faizol.xsi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:53:17 CEST 2011

Hi all,

 I can't figure what's the cause of the python error when try to launch
Blender 2.59 after having it compiled on my Fedora 15 box;

*"Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: Unable to get the locale encoding
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding"*

There's no error when running Blender 2.59 compiled from the main trunk, so
it can't be anything related to python's system wide path otherwise the
error would still be reproducible.

Any ideas on how to clear this error?

Thanks.

Best regards,