[Bf-cycles] Can Cycles fully utilize an AMD Radeon 6950?

K M kelvinshrek at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 15:13:59 CEST 2011

Hi, thanks for the reply! Can I expect OpenCL to be fully functional by
around December or so? The Nvidia Geforce GTXs look attractive, but I'm
buying a whole computer with the Graphics card from Dell, and there isn't
much choice there with Nvidia cards.

*"Hi,

AMD is very positive and supportive to ensure OpenCL will work great
for Cycles.
They added two 'tickets' with bugs/issues to solve already. The
release cycle of such drivers is unknown though, this can take 3-6
months even.

With AMD's commitment to OpenCL we expect it to work great in the
future, but if you like 'bang for the bucks' right now, you should
consider to get an NVidia GTX card.

-Ton-"*