[Bf-cycles] Can Cycles fully utilize an AMD Radeon 6950?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Sep 24 13:52:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

AMD is very positive and supportive to ensure OpenCL will work great
for Cycles.
They added two 'tickets' with bugs/issues to solve already. The
release cycle of such drivers is unknown though, this can take 3-6
months even.

With AMD's commitment to OpenCL we expect it to work great in the
future, but if you like 'bang for the bucks' right now, you should
consider to get an NVidia GTX card.

-Ton-